In 2010, after not doing art for about 11 years -- very burnt out from undergrad -- I decided to make an alphabet book for my niece, Sophie. The book is called Armadillo to Zebu: an Alphabet Book for You and Me Too and it was self-published in 2012. Afraid to lose the creative momentum, I also started an illustration a day project, 365 Critters, around that time.
Since completing 365 Critters, I've been able to participate in gallery exhibitions and art markets, including the Westmoreland Museum of American Art's @rt30, Pittsburgh's Handmade Arcade, and Renegade Craft Fair: SXSW Edition in Austin, Texas.
Currently, I am working on a picture book dummy and special projects as they come my way.
- Associated Artists of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Society of Illustrators
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- Union Project - Atrium Artist
Awards and Grants
- Highlights Foundation Scholarship, 2017
- Artist Opportunity Grant, 2017 - Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- Portfolio Award, 2015 - Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, Western Pennsylvania Fall Conference
- Portfolio Award, 2014 - Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, Western Pennsylvania Fall Conference
- Emerging Artist Scholarship, 2014 - Three Rivers Arts Festival
- Three Rivers Honors, 2014 - Three Rivers Arts Festival